Are you still on the fence about whether you should make a video for your brand or not?
Is production costs a big problem?
Do you still think your business or brand is not a media company?
Let me change your mind.
Look at these mind-numbing stats:
- 86% of Businesses use video as a marketing tool which shows almost a constant Y-O-Y growth.
- 84% of marketers say that videos help them generate leads.
- 96% of consumers have watched an explainer video to learn more about what they are going to buy
You can check out these crazy stats for yourself here.
The numbers don’t lie and, you are seriously missing out on good business opportunities if you don’t include video in your marketing strategy.
Now that you are thinking, okay, maybe video is the way to go. How do I do it for my brand?
How do I market content my brand using it?
Let’s dive in.
What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is a way to promote your product or service with the help of videos that relate to your business or adds value to your consumer’s life.
It is the most lively form of content consumption because it is a dazzling dance of content and visuals. It is how you genuinely connect with your target audience by actually showing them what your brand is.
Why Should you include Video Marketing in your Strategy?
1. Engagement: In a world where you have just 8 seconds to steal someone’s attention, a video provides a much better diversity to mix visuals and audio.
It helps you to connect with your audience in a way that feels more tangible and trustworthy.
2. Multipurpose: By far, our favorite “Why” of video marketing is the nature of the videos. You can repurpose it into any form of content that you want and, this justifies the initial investment.
Let’s say you create a full feature video about your product. What can you do next:
1. Repurpose the video script into a blog post.
2. Take images from your video to decorate your social media. If you can animate, even better.
3. Take out the audio and re-edit it to make a podcast episode.
The one-time investment of video brings together everything seamlessly.
3. Helps your ads: A video marketing strategy can double as your ad strategy. Creating videos for ads is much better than static posts as it helps to stop the scroll and steal attention.
It immediately draws attention to itself and, hey! That’s what ads in the news feed are for.
Instagram and Facebook ads count any view as a video watched for at least 3 seconds. If your brand manages to create something worth looking at for just 3 seconds, it is possible to go viral.
4. Saves Time: It might sound counterintuitive but, a video can actually save you time. An explainer video that answers all the problems of your target audience helps to drop the need for chat customer service executives.
It saves you and your customers time and, they can choose to watch the video at their own comfort instead of scheduling calls or waiting for your emails.
5. SEO: You are losing out on internet traffic if you don’t consider the traffic potential of creating videos, specifically on youtube. It ranks high in search because google owns youtube.
Think about it this way, it is easier for people to learn by video than read blogs and follow guided photos or text.
6. Connection: Videos can be a powerful way to build a connection with your target audience. Testimonials or BTS videos go a long way to build a personal connection with your customers.
Testimonials, where customers speak highly of your brand, helps to build instant trust.
Behind the scenes, (BTS) videos help to humanize a brand. People can relate more to the brand when they see the actual people working behind it to make the magic happen.
Next Steps for your Video Marketing Strategy
1. Know your goals
Before you start getting into the hype, figure out exactly why you want to start making videos. Not the obvious reasons like it’s a great industry and everyone is doing it. Ask these questions:
- How does it help your business?
- How can you solve customer’s problems through video?
- What is the one thing you want to achieve with videos?
- Do I have a sales funnel that can benefit from my videos?
2. Optimize for each platform
Do not roll out the same video without editing for specific platforms because it took too long to edit. If you made a video for Youtube resize it for Instagram into a reel or a short clip in vertical format for Snapchat.
3. Make a separate Calendar for Video
Videos are production heavy and without a fool-proof plan, it becomes a cumbersome process.
You need to make sure that you plan everything in advance.
One week for a video from start to finish would be an ideal timeline but, it can definitely vary from project to project.
Videos can feel like a tough nut to crack. There are a lot of moving parts that need to be taken care of. But once you do, you will realize how well you can tell your story through video.
Invideo says that by 2022, 82% of internet traffic would come through streaming and downloading videos. The number is far too much for anyone to ignore.
Start small and repurpose old content in a video and, don’t worry about looking professional. Social media is a great place to start with casual videos that reflect what your brand can bring to people.
Don’t sleep on Video Marketing. Not now, not ever. Start today and improve every day.